Monday, December 05, 2005

Glory goes to God

Okay first, I feel a little weird writing about this, but I wanted to say something.
At work today  I learned about the death of one of my customers. Not that long ago, a month at most, we'd heard about another customer of ours had "dropped dead" sad, untimely, yes, but the man was a smoker, older, and well, his lifestyle didn't exactly advertise long life.
But today, I learned about Glory, she was almost always "my customer" she came in with pictures of her kids, needing copies, and I made the copies, and chatted with her. She was alway friendly, always had a smile, even though as I learned later, she had cancer.
This morning I heard Glory had died on November first, ovarian cancer.  She leaves behind a husband, and three little girls.  My heart goes out to them, and her entire family.  I hope there's someone around someday to tell those girls about their mom, tell them she was a bright spirit who was extremely proud of them, because in the brief time I got to know Glory, that's exactly the feeling I got.  I hope they grow up knowing their mom loved them, and she didn't want to leave, but in the end...Glory goes to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home