Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Princess

Okay, so try to follow me here.
I was watching Amelie the other day, and I thought:
"Y'know Audrey Tattou would be a great Princess Leia...at least in a
sketch by Adam Hughes." I would love to get a chance at cornering
Hughes and making do my "sketch bidding" ...which is not the same as
bidding on an Adam Hughes sketch!

While on that tangent I'd love to see Jean-Pierre Jeunet do a french
remake of the original Star Wars, with various members of the Amelie
cast standing in for the classic characters. With one exception, I'd
have Gérard Depardieu playing Chewbacca! Why...'cause it's funny.
MAYbe I'd have Mathieu Kassovitz as Han Solo, maybe not.
Hey, if Gus VanZant can remake Psycho fer Christ Sakes, why the hell
can't I have Jeunet remake Star Wars, "Rights" you say?! Ah screw the
rights, they're french! Imagine the world of Star Wars through the lens
of Jeunet, gold tinted frames, with striking colors schemes. Okay, so
it's a dream, a weird dream, but a a dream...oh yeah, and Tchéky Karyo
would have to be in there too somewhere.

On the flip side of that I just watched Blade Trinity the other weekend,
and for the American remake, I'd want Jessica Biel as the Princess, and
Wesley Snipes as Lando Calrissian, Where would Ryan what's his name fit
in, too young for Han, too old for Luke, well, who knows. But then
Triple H could be chewbacca, a huge over-muscled Chewbacca, and the guy
who played Drake could be the body for Vader, but I think he'd have to
have the voice of James Earl Jones, you can't top that!
And Parker Posey would have no room in this universe, not on my watch.
I've liked her in other things, but in Blade Trinity, she just looked
awful, and took me out of the movie. And maybe, just maybe Kris
Kristofferson as Obi Wan Kenobi, hey, he's old!
Okay, I've got it. Hugh Jackman as Han Solo, perfect! (Okay, I just
rewatched Van Helsing, with the director's commentary) Kate Beckinsale
doesn't quite cut is for the Princess role, Biel has that sewn up.

Okay, maybe more later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home