Thursday, May 26, 2005

Sith happens!

Okay, so I've seen it. I've seen it on the best possible screen (the
Elk Grove Classic Cinema Kodak Digital Cinema; from the classic cinema
web site I quote:
"The Theatre is the first in the nation to install the Kodak Digital
Cinema System which produces nearly twice the screen quality of current
systems."
The picture quality was incredible.
The movie, was not.
I don't think there was one single emotionally engaging moment in the
entire film, either through drama, or action, or, something that Lucas
has clearly forgotten, cliffhangers.
I waited, wanting to be drawn into the world waited for something to
grab me, instead I felt like I was watching the red carpet procession of
costumes, gown, and make-up. "Ah, that's a neat sort of gown, although
impractical really, to sleep with pearls draped over your shoulder",
"There's an interesting design", "There's a background player who
clearly isn't even trying to act, but is directly over the shoulder of
someone speaking on screen, oh yeah, and she's painted blue, so you
can't miss her!"
Hayden Christiansen is claiming Lucas told him to act the way he acted...
Perhaps he gave you direction, but did he say act like you can't act?

Okay well, "what's done is done" as John Cusack's character said in
Grosse Pointe Blank. and as my friend Derrick said in the car on the
way home from the theater, quoting Chris Cooper's character in
Adaptation: "Fuck fish" meaning basically, I wash my hands of it, I'm
done with Star Wars.

So for all you Star Wars fans out there...
FUCK FISH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home