Sunday, October 10, 2004

I'd like

I don't want the new Star Wars dvd set, I'd like a couch.
I don't want your adulation I'll take the cash
I want someone to miss me when I'm out.
I want someone to wonder when I'm coming home.
I don't want sweet snacks, I'd like some peace of mind.
no salt, no MSG, no sugar please, just something good that won't kill me
slowly.
I'd like some friends who call, some people to want to see me.
I'd like the past erased, and bricks put up in it's place.
I want the sunshine of her smile, the warmth of her cheek, not the
memory that leaves me weak.
I'd like to start over again
I'd like to know what might have been.
I'd like to tell her things she'll never know,
take her places...I'll never go.
the ghosts have now faded, and I can't see them as well,
they cooled the place off, now it's hotter than hell.
see that park, and that bench that's where we sat,
now pushing away the memories is making me fat.
I want the sun on my face, and all this wished away,
I don't want another day spent like today.
I want my girl the one I love, I want to kiss her cheek,
want to take her out to dinner once a week.
spend the evenings under the stars counting each one a dream, and each
one as ours.
I want to laugh at the pain that's past, I want to feel at home at last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home