Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Directors & Movies...a partial list

Here's a small list of movies, and their directors that I like, and will
at some point add to that currently meager DVD collection of mine.

It's not complete, or comprehensive, it's stuff I decided to put
together because I was thinking:"If someone were to ask me who my
current favorite directors were, would I be able to spit out an
answer?" So in that way the category is simply interesting
current/contemporary filmmakers, and (some of) their films.
The list of movies is not comprehensive either, but is there to remind,
inform, or fill in the blank of "...and what did he do?"

Wes Anderson:
Rushmore

David Fincher:
Alien3, Se7en, Fight Club

Paul Thomas Anderson (P.T.A.):
Hard Eight, Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love

Jean-Pierre Jeunet:
Amelie ( or Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain), City of Lost Children

Luc Besson:
La Femme Nikita, The Professional (international version), The Fifth
Element, The Messenger

Robert Rodriguez:
Desperado (a flawed masterpiece, his best, or at least my favorite movie of his)
From Dusk Till Dawn (definitely flawed, but a fun movie)
Sin City (upcoming 2005, from the Frank Miller comic, could be cool!)

Quentin Tarantino:
Kill Bill Vol.1, Kill Bill Vol.2, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home