Thursday, April 17, 2008

the three things wrong with the movie industry (yeah, like it's only three!)

3.) Stop making sequels to tv shows that no one has been talking about since they went off the air. Do you know why Star trek had life as a movie franchise? Becasue the fandom of the show survived in spite of the death of the show, and did it in a pre-internet era, when it was tough to be a fan of a cancelled show. Star trek fandom thrived enough to bring it's inspiration back to the big screen...who is clamoring for a mod squad movie, or a Starsky and Hutch movie, answer, no one. But someone owned the rights, and went ahead, and made bad movies from obsolete television shows. and to make this a two part answer, give people with good ideas the freedom to explore them, try low budgets, & big ideas.

END OF PART THREE

P.S. So that was my posting on what's wrong with the movie industry, the three things, well, that was all I could fit into 4,000 characters on the BIZ website, an offshoot of some sort of the variety site. A nice place to post such a bitribe. I don't think it will be heeded, but it was refreshing to get it off my chest. The point behind it, I think it's fairly obvious, I should be making movies damn it. I make no bones about the fact that I should be making movies, I should, I know what I like, and I know what makes a fun, exciting time at the theater. And sorry to tell you guys, but if I'm in charge, I will not be making a mvie starring the Wayans bros. not the younger, less funny ones at least.
Can we look back at the movies if the seventies, and at least the ones we remember, becasue the stood the test of time, they starred adults, why because kids want to look up to adults, to emulate hem to be like them, to try to approach that level of cool that and adult has. Now we've got Shia LeBuef as a star of a movie, who's looking up to him? Who wants to be like him. we want to escape out lives in movies, to dream while awake, right? I see Peter Parker unable to pay his rent, and sad because he doesn't have a girlfriend, I'm not taken out of reality, I'm reminded of my own pathetic existence when bill, and a lack of social life play far too large a part, we go to the movies to leave those worries behind us, not to have them dramatized by some guy who is making a million dollars off of slumming, to pretend he's poor.
Anyway, that's just my two-measly cents, it's all I can afford these days anyway, so take it for what it's worth.
Oh and by the way, if you're a studio, looking for someone to develope, and produce, and direct films, I'm your guy, and I've got some friends who can definitely back me up with some of their own ideas as well. Lemme at 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home