Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In dreams?

So, I'm sitting here, wondering what the point of it all is, wondering what my contribution is, wondering how everybody else who's a creative professional is making it. I wonder, because of course, I would love to get paid to dream.

Like the guys at Pixar, the amazing talents who make amazing things come to life before your eyes. Guys like Robert Rodriguez, who makes his kids fantasies into movies, just because he can, because he's got the tools, and he gets paid to dream.

So, here's me, remembering the dreams I've had, the actual dreams, the literal dreams. I've had a few doozies lately, not necessarily good dreams, but memorable, memorable in snippettes anyway, such is the ephemera of dreams.

I usually have a couple name guest stars that make appearances, people you'd know, people you'd recognize, why, well, my theory is that these are the people I see more often than people I actually know, so they get to be in my dreams, it's as simple as that.

So what's the point? Well the point is, "getting paid to dream" so, I've been thinking about turning those dreams into a sort of comic strip, a dream journal in comic form, with editorial commentary, the overvoice, my the concious me, much of which would probably be explaining who the hell people are, and why I think they are in the dream. Sounded interesting to me, but then these are my dreams, and they say that dreams are always more interesting to the people who have them, and not to the people who have to listen to them.

So, now, I have to decide how I want to create the thing, on paper with pencil, or the virtual equivilent, a more maliable digital form. I'm leaning towards the digital, since I have all the requisite equipment, and should really htink about putting it to some good use.

"And when the bad dreams come?" when the bad dreams come, they'll be a part of it won't they? They have to be, since they may be the majority of the content, sad, but true.

I think I'll leave out the dreams where I'm searching for a bathroom. Those are the dreams that usually come right around six a.m. right when I've reached about maximum bladder capacity, and the brain is trying desperately to tell me to wake up, before I hurt myself.

So when I get enough of these little gems together, I suspect I'll try to find some way to get them published, and get them out to some unsuspecting readers. That is, if I can stop dreaming...well, you know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home